About the assignment
I am primarily looking for familiarity with systems, ability to learn, the right attitude and a willingness/ability to assume responsibility for a large, critical system. That will ultimately be more important than experience with the exact elements of the stack.
I need a senior developer who would look at the system and think, “Sure, that looks interesting. I bet I can figure all that out…” more than someone who has worked with Java for ages and already knows how to integrate with ServiceNow, etc.
You will be surrounded by supportive colleagues in a transparent environment with a solid culture for feedback, knowledge sharing and one that promotes ideas and thoughts. Along with general employee trainings for personal growth, you will have opportunities to attend other trainings to make sure you are equipped with the tools you need to reach your full potential. If you dare to, this is the place to grow, but only if you make sure to grab the opportunities coming your way. We are a great bunch of people with different backgrounds and nationalities and we have great fun together. We value diversity and there is room for everyone.
The position will be based here in Oslo. The Identity and GDPR teams sit together in an open office landscape and your fellow colleagues are within close range. We have several platforms in the company where we meet up to exchange knowledge and the environment is known to be informal and open. We also have flexible working hours with an opportunity for home office.
Who are you?
- Experience in Java development and Spring Boot is must have
- Experience with Cloud based solutions
- Ability to take initiative in solving complex problems
- Being a team player and getting things done
- Good communication skills in both English and Norwegian (English is a must, Norwegian or Swedish is desired)
Tasks will include:
- Maintaining the existing solutions and following up on quality issues
- Develop and maintain micro services
- Develop and maintain the overall system architecture
- Onboard and integrate with new systems
- Create solution and technical documentation
- Work closely with testers during end-to-end testing, including unit and integration tests
- Solve issues in production with customer operations
- Create frontend web-based solutions upon need
- This is not just a development job, but also includes a lot of practical work and problem solving (such as verifying of RoA-data, fixing incidents in ServiceNow, etc.)
Additional Desired Skills:
- Someone who is detail oriented, structured and good at following up with a diverse variety of people and tasks.
- Knowledge of GDPR and it's impacts on technology (experience with GDPR solutions)
- Implementing and integrating with REST APIs
- Familiarity/experience with AWS Environment/Toolset; e.g. Lambda, Terraform, CloudWatch, S3, EC2, SSM, …
- Experience with source control, Git, REST APIs and SQL
- Experience with Containers/Docker, CI/CD: Concourse, Maven, Functional testing
- Experience with ServiceNow and Splunk or similar systems / components / tools I am looking for people with more than 6 years of experience of course. CV's with less than that won't be considered at this stage since this is a very small team and there will be quite a lot of responsibility and independent work.
First contract period: 6 months
Duration: 3 Years
Work language: English is a must, Scandinavian is nice to have.